It’s back again! Disney on Ice!
Our first encounter with the Disney Ice skating show was during the Disney on Ice – Treasure Trove. It was just so magical to be able to see many Disney characters “live” in front of you! And this coming March school holidays, they are back again with more favourites!
Disney On Ice Presents Magical Ice Festival from 11th March to 20th March 2016. The freezing great news is that the Disney show which rocked every radio stations, every TV screens, every household (especially those with little girls!) will be featured during the Magical Ice Festival! Yes! There will be special appearances from characters of Disney’s Frozen. I can so imagine what song will be ringing in my head after the performance!
Besides the highly anticipated Elsa and friends, you can expect to see a medley of Disney movies characters from The Little Mermaid to Beauty and the Beast.
My young boy, Xi En, has something about mermaids. He find the whole fantasy of mermaids enchanting and intriguing. But don’t ask him about it. He is too “man” to admit that he likes to read books and watch shows about mermaids. But I am sure he is looking forward to meeting all the favourite Disney characters at the rink again. ^ ^
With an extraordinary line-up of hit songs, memorable scenes and never-before-seen characters to look forward to, here are 10 magical moments behind Disney On Ice to get you all geared up for the show.
1. Disney On Ice was founded in 1981 and has since travelled to over 75 countries and 6 continents
2. The average size of the ice skating surface is 42m x 21m.
3. There are approximately 180 costumes presented at one Disney On Ice show
4. And more than 100 people work on these costumes
5. It takes 18 trucks to transport all production equipment for set-up
6. And it takes between 12-15 hours to set up one Disney On Ice show
7. But just about 4 hours to tear down the entire production
8. Over 80 different colours of paint are used on the 183 props for this production
9. The youngest performer on this year’s show is 19-years-old and the oldest is 44-years-old
10. Each performer may change up to 8 costumes in one show
And since my son loves The Little Mermaid, here are some trivia to share:
The Little Mermaid
1. How many sisters does Ariel have?
a. Answer: Six , Attina, Alana, Adella, Aquata, Arista, Andrina
2. What is the object that Ariel’s friend Scuttle calls a dinglehopper?
a. Answer: A fork
3. Who tricks Ariel into visiting Ursula to gain human legs?
a. Answer: Flotsam and Jetsam
4. Ursula gives Ariel the ability to walk on land. How long is this ability supposed to last?
a. Answer: 3 days
5. What is the name of Ariel’s best friend?
a. Answer: Flounder
Wait no further! Do secure your tickets early to get preferred seats and time/dates.
Tickets for Disney On Ice presents Magical Ice Festival can be purchased online via www.sportshubtix.sg.
Dates: 11th to 20th March 2016
Venue: Singapore Indoor Stadium
Ticket prices: start from S$25
To learn more about Disney on Ice presents Magical Ice Festival, please visit http://www.disneyonice-asia.com/magical-ice-festival/
What’s Disney without some cheer?! Brought to you by Feld Entertainment, a worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences, here’s a giveaway for you to catch Disney On Ice presents Magical Ice Festival!
We are happy to host this giveaway – a set of 4 tickets for a happy family entertainment!
Steps to enter the random draw (but creative and/or heart-felt answers will be awarded more points!):
1) Visit and Like Disney on Ice Facebook Page
2) Visit and Like Claude Dambreville Facebook Page
Thereafter follow the other steps on the Rafflescopter link below:
* Tickets are not for resale.
* Allocation of tickets dates is not finalised yet. More details will be provided to the winner. No changes will be allowed.
* Giveaway will run from 24th Feb 2016 till 3rd March 2016.
Announcement of winner:
Thank you everyone for the keen participation!
Here’s the winner of Disney on Ice Present Magical Ice Festival Giveaway: